The Turbo IC24C04is a serial 4K EEPROM fabricated with Turbo’s proprietary, high reliability, high performance CMOS technology. It’s 4K of memory is organized as 512 x 8 bits. The memory is configured as 32 pages with each page containing 16 bytes. This device offers significant advantages in low power applications.
The Turbo IC 24C04 uses the I²C addressing protocol and 2-wire serial interface which includes a bidirectional serial data bus synchronized by a clock. It offers a flexible byte write and a faster 16-byte page write.
The Turbo IC 24C04 is assembled in either a 8-pin PDIP or 8-pin SOIC package. Pin #1 is not connected (NC). Pin #2 is the A1 device address input for the 24C04. Pin #3 is the A2 device address input for the 24C04, such that a total of four 24C04 devices can be connected on a single bus. Pin #4 is the ground (Vss). Pin #5 is the serial data (SDA) pin used for bidirectional transfer of data. Pin #6 is the serial clock (SCL) input pin. Pin #7 is the write protect (WP) pin used to protect hardware data. Pin #8 is the power supply (Vcc) pin.
- • Power Supply Voltage Single Vcc for Read and Programming (Vcc = 2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- • Low Power (Isb = 2μa @ 5.5 V)
- • I²C Bus, 2-Wire Serial Interface
- • Support Byte Write and Page Write (16 Bytes)
- • Automatic Page write Operation (maximum 10 ms)
Internal Control Timer
Internal Data Latches for 16 Bytes
- • High Reliability CMOS Technology with EEPROM Cell
Endurance : 1,000,000 Cycles
Data Retention : 100 Years