High common mode transient immunity and very high current ratio together with 2500 VAC insulation are achieved by coupling an LED with an integrated high gain photo detector in an eight pin dual-in-line package. Separate pins for the photodiode and output stage enable TTL compatible saturation voltages with high speed operation. Photodarlington operation is achieved by tying the VCC and VO terminals together. Access to the base terminal allows adjustment to the gain bandwidth.
The 6N138 is ideal for TTL applications since the 300% minimum current transfer ratio with an LED current of 1.6 mA enables operation with one unit load-in and one unit load-out with a 2.2 KΩ pull-up resistor.
The 6N139 is best suited for low power logic applications involving CMOS and low power TTL. A 400% current transfer ratio with only 0.5 mA of LED current is guaranteed from 0°C to 70°C.
• High Current Transfer Ratio, 800%
• Low Input Current, 0.5mA
• High Output Current, 60mA
• Isolation Test Voltage, 2500 VACRMS
• TTL Compatible Output, VOL=0.1 V
• High Common Mode Rejection, 500V/µsec.
• Adjustable Bandwidth–Access to Base
• Standard Molded Dip Plastic Package
• Underwriters Lab File #E52744
• Logic Ground Isolation–TTL/TTL, TTL/CMOS, CMOS/CMOS, CMOS/TTL
• EIA RS 232C Line Receiver
• Low Input Current Line Receiver–Long Lines, Party Lines
• Telephone Ring Detector
• 117 VAC Line Voltage Status Indication–Low Input Power Dissipation
• Low Power Systems–Ground Isolation
On April 1st, 1999, Siemens Semiconductors became Infineon Technologies. A dynamic more flexible company geared towards success in the competitive, ever-changing world of microelectronics.
Infineon is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of a broad range of semiconductors used in various microelectronic applications. Infineon's product portfolio consists of logic products, including digital, mixed-signal, and analog integrated circuits, as well as discrete semiconductor products.