The SNx4HC595 devices contain an 8-bit, serial-in, parallel-out shift register that feeds an 8-bit D-type storage register. The storage register has parallel 3- state outputs. Separate clocks are provided for both the shift and storage register. The shift register has a direct overriding clear (SRCLR) input, serial (SER) input, and serial outputs for cascading. When the output-enable (OE) input is high, the outputs are in the high-impedance state.
• 8-Bit Serial-In, Parallel-Out Shift
• Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
• High-Current 3-State Outputs Can Drive Up to 15 LSTTL Loads
• Low Power Consumption: 80-μA (Maximum) ICC
• tpd = 13 ns (Typical)
• ±6-mA Output Drive at 5 V
• Low Input Current: 1 μA (Maximum)
• Shift Register Has Direct Clear
• On Products Compliant to MIL-PRF-38535,
All Parameters Are Tested Unless Otherwise
Noted. On All Other Products, Production
Processing Does Not Necessarily Include Testing
of All Parameters.
• Network Switches
• Power Infrastructure
• LED Displays
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.