The LM2594xx series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 0.5-A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version, and are packaged in a 8-pin PDIP and a 8-pin surface-mount SOIC package.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and feature internal frequency compensation, a fixedfrequency oscillator, and improved line and load regulation specifications.
The LM2594xx series operates at a switching frequency of 150-kHz, thus allowing smaller-sized filter components than what would be needed with lower-frequency switching regulators. Because of its high efficiency, the copper traces on the printedcircuit board are normally the only heat sinking needed.
• 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and Adjustable Output Versions
• Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range:
1.2 V to 37 V (57 V for the HV Version), ±4% Maximum Over Line and Load Conditions
• Available in 8-Pin Surface-Mount SOIC and 8-Pin PDIP Packages
• Ensured 0.5-A Output Current
• Input Voltage Range up to 60 V
• Requires Only 4 External Components
• 150-kHz Fixed-Frequency Internal Oscillator
• TTL Shutdown Capability
• Low Power Standby Mode, IQ Typically 85 μA
• High Efficiency
• Uses Readily-Available Standard Inductors
• Thermal Shutdown and Current-Limit Protection
• Simple High-Efficiency Step-Down (Buck) Regulator
• Efficient Preregulator for Linear Regulators
• On-Card Switching Regulators
• Positive-to-Negative Convertor
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.