The AMS1117 series of adjustable and fixed voltage regulators are designed to provide 800mA output current and to operate down to 1V input-to-output differential. The dropout voltage of the device is guaranteed maximum 1.3V at maximum output current, decreasing at lower load currents.
On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1%. Current limit is also trimmed, minimizing the stress under overload conditions on both the regulator and power source circuitry. The AMS1117 devices are pin compatible with other three-terminal SCSI regulators and are offered in the low profile surface mount SOT-223 package and in the TO-252 (DPAK) plastic package.
- · Three Terminal Adjustable or Fixed Voltages* 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V, 3.3V and 5.0V
- · Output Current of 800mA
- · Operates Down to 1V Dropout
- · Line Regulation: 0.2% Max.
- · Load Regulation: 0.4% Max.
- · SOT-223 and TO-252 package available
- · High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- · Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
- · 5V to 3.3V Linear Regulator
- · Battery Chargers
- · Active SCSI Terminators
- · Power Management for Notebook
- · Battery Powered Instrumentation