) is a five-volt-only in-system Flash programmable and erasable read only memory (PEROM). Its 256K of memory is organized as 32,768 words by 8 bits. Manufactured with Atmel’s advanced nonvolatile CMOS technology, the device offers access times to 70 ns with power dissipation of just 275 mW. When the device is deselected, the CMOS standby current is less than 300 µA. The device endurance is such that any sector can typically be written to in excess of 10,000 times.
• Fast Read Access Time – 70 ns
• 5-volt Only Reprogramming
• Page Program Operation
– Single Cycle Reprogram (Erase and Program)
– Internal Address and Data Latches for 64 Bytes
• Internal Program Control and Timer
• Hardware and Software Data Protection