The HV9910 is a PWM high-efficiency LED driver control IC. It allows efficient operation of High Brightness (HB) LEDs from voltage sources ranging from 8VDC up to 450VDC. The HV9910 controls an external MOSFET at fixed switching frequency up to 300kHz. The frequency can be programmed using a single resistor. The LED string is driven at constant current rather than constant voltage, thus providing constant light output and enhanced reliability. The output current can be programmed between a few milliamps and up to more than 1.0A.
HV9910 uses a rugged high voltage junction isolated process that can withstand an input voltage surge of up to 450V. Output current to an LED string can be programmed to any value between zero and its maximum value by applying an external control voltage at the linear dimming control input of the HV9910. The HV9910 provides a low-frequency PWM dimming input that can accept an external control signal with a duty ratio of 0-100% and a frequency of up to a few kilohertz.
- ·>90% Efficiency
- · 8V to 450V input range
- · Constant-current LED driver
- ·Applications from a few mA to more than 1A Output
- · LED string from one to hundreds of diodes
- · PWM Low-Frequency Dimming via Enable pin
- ·Input Voltage Surge ratings up to 450V
- ·DC/DC or AC/DC LED Driver applications
- ·RGB Backlighting LED Driver
- ·Back Lighting of Flat Panel Displays
- ·General purpose constant current source
- ·Signage and Decorative LED Lighting