This stand alone controller provides several special enhancements to satisfy the needs for low power standby and protection features. In standby mode frequency reduction is used to lower the power consumption and provide a stable output voltage in this mode. The frequency
reduction is limited to 20kHz / 21.5 kHz (typ.) to avoid audible noise. In case of failure modes like open loop, overvoltage or overload due to short circuit the device switches in Auto Restart Mode which is controlled by the internal protection unit. By means of the internal precise peak current limitation the dimension of the transformer and the secondary diode can be lower which leads to more cost efficiency.
• Only few external Components required
• Input Undervoltage Lockout
• 67kHz/100kHz fixed Switching Frequency
• Max Duty Cycle 72%
• Low Power Standby Mode to support “Blue Angel” Norm
• Latched Thermal Shut Down
• Overload and Open Loop Protection
• Overvoltage Protectionduring Auto Restart
• Adjustable Peak Current Limitation via External Resistor
• Overall Tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
• Internal Leading Edge Blanking
• Soft Start
• Soft gate driving for Low EMI
On April 1st, 1999, Siemens Semiconductors became Infineon Technologies. A dynamic more flexible company geared towards success in the competitive, ever-changing world of microelectronics.
Infineon is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of a broad range of semiconductors used in various microelectronic applications. Infineon's product portfolio consists of logic products, including digital, mixed-signal, and analog integrated circuits, as well as discrete semiconductor products.