The L6562 is a current-mode PFC controller operating in Transition Mode (TM). Pin-to-pin compatible with the predecessor L6561, it offers improved performance.
The highly linear multiplier includes a special circuit, able to reduce AC input current distortion, that allows wide-range-mains operation with an extremely low THD, even over a large load range.
The L6562 output voltage is controlled by means of a voltage-mode error amplifier and a precise (1% @Tj = 25°C) internal voltage reference.
The device features extremely low consumption (≤70 ìA before start-up and <4 mA running) and includes a disable function suitable for IC remote ON/OFF, which makes it easier to comply with energy saving norms (Blue Angel, EnergyStar, Energy2000, etc.).
An effective two-step OVP enables to safely handle overvoltages either occurring at start-up or resulting from load disconnection.
The totem-pole output stage, capable of 600 mA source and 800 mA sink current, is suitable for big MOSFET or IGBT drive which, combined with the other features, makes the device an excellent low-cost solution for EN61000-3-2 compliant SMPS's up to 300W.
- •Realised in bcd technology
- •Transition-mode control of PFC preregulators
- •Proprietary multiplier design for minimum THD OF AC input current
- •Very precise adjustable output overvoltage protection
- •Ultra-low (≤70μA) start-up current
- •LOW (≤4 mA) quiescent current
- •Extended ic supply voltage range
- •On-chip filter on current sense
- •Disable function
- •1% (@ Tj = 25℃) internal reference voltage
- •-600/+800mA totem pole gate driver with uvlo pull-down and voltage clamp
- •DIP-8/SO-8 packages ecopack
– IEC61000-3-2 Compliant SMPS (TV DESKTOP PC, MONITOR) up to 300W
– HI-END AC-DC Aadapter/Charger
– Entry Level Server & Web Server