The three-terminal positive regulators L7805CV is available in TO-220, TO-220FP, TO-3, D²PAK and DPAK packages and several fixed output voltages, making it useful in a wide range of applications. These regulators can provide local on-card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation. Each type employs internal current limiting, thermal shut-down and safe area protection, making it essentially indestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1 A output current. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable voltage and currents.
- ■ Output current up to 1.5 A
- ■ Output voltages of 5
- ■ Thermal overload protection
- ■ Short circuit protection
- ■ Output transition SOA protection
- ■ 2 % output voltage tolerance (A version)
- ■ Guaranteed in extended temperature range (A version)