) Series positive voltage regulators are identical to the popular MC7800 Series devices, except that they are specified for only half the output current. Like the MC7800 devices, the MC78M00 three−terminal regulators are intended for local, on−card voltage regulation. Internal current limiting, thermal shutdown circuitry and safe−area compensation for the internal pass transistor combine to make these devices remarkably rugged under most operating conditions. Maximum output current, with adequate heatsinking is 500 mA.
• No External Components Required
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Output Transistor Safe−Area Compensation
• MC78M00A High Accuracy (?2%) Available for 5.0 V, 8.0 V, 12 V and 15 V
• NCV Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring Unique Site and Control Change Requirements; AEC−Q100 Qualified and PPAP Capable
• These are Pb−Free Devices