The TPS5420 is a high-output-current PWM converter that integrates a low resistance high side N-channel MOSFET. Included on the substrate with the listed features is a high performance voltage error amplifier that provides tight voltage regulation accuracy under transient conditions; an undervoltage-lockout circuit to prevent start-up until the input voltage reaches 5.5 V; an internally set slow-start circuit to limit inrush currents; and a voltage feed-forward circuit to improve the transient response.
• Wide Input Voltage Range: 5.5 V to 36 V
• Up to 2-A Continuous (3-A Peak) Output Current
• High Efficiency up to 95% Enabled by 110-mΩ Integrated MOSFET Switch
• Wide Output Voltage Range: Adjustable Down to 1.22 V with 1.5% Initial Accuracy
• Internal Compensation Minimizes External Parts Count
• Fixed 500-kHz Switching Frequency for Small Filter Size
• Improved Line Regulation and Transient Response by Input Voltage Feed Forward
• System Protected by Over Current Limiting, Over Voltage Protection and Thermal Shutdown
• –40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
• Available in Small 8-Pin SOIC Package
• Consumer: Set-top Box, DVD, LCD Displays
• Industrial and Car Audio Power Supplies
• Battery Chargers, High Power LED Supply
• 12-V/24-V Distributed Power Systems
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.