The TPS54340 is a 42 V, 3.5 A, step down regulator with an integrated high side MOSFET. The device survives load dump pulses up to 45 V per ISO 7637. Current mode control provides simple external compensation and flexible component selection. A low ripple pulse skip mode reduces the no load supply current to 146 μA. Shutdown supply current is reduced to 1 μA when the enable pin is pulled low.
Undervoltage lockout is internally set at 4.3 V but can be increased using the enable pin. The output voltage start up ramp is internally controlled to provide a controlled start up and eliminate overshoot. A wide switching frequency range allows either efficiency or external component size to be optimized.
Frequency foldback and thermal shutdown protects internal and external components during an overload condition.
The TPS54340 is available in an 8-terminal thermally enhanced HSOP PowerPAD™ package.
• 4.5 V to 42 V (45 V Abs Max) Input Range
• 3.5 A Continuous Current, 4.5 A Minimum Peak
Inductor Current Limit
• Current Mode Control DC-DC Converter
• 92-mΩ High-Side MOSFET
• High Efficiency at Light Loads with Pulse Skipping
• Low Dropout at Light Loads with Integrated BOOT
• 146 μA Operating Quiescent Current
• 1 μA Shutdown Current
• 100 kHz to 2.5 MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes to External Clock
• Adjustable UVLO Voltage and Hysteresis
• Internal Soft-Start
• Accurate Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
• Thermal, Overvoltage, and Frequency Foldback
• 0.8 V 1% Internal Voltage Reference
• 8-Terminal HSOP with PowerPAD™ Package
• –40°C to 150°C TJ Operating Range
• Create a Custom Design Using the TPS54340
with the WEBENCH Power Designer
12 V, 24 V Industrial, Automotive and
Communications Power Systems
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.