With a 40-V rated integrated switch FET, the TPS61160 and TPS61161 are boost converters that drive LEDs in series. The boost converters run at 600-kHz fixed switching frequency to reduce output ripple, improve conversion efficiency, and allow for the use of small external components.
• 2.7-V to 18-V Input Voltage Range
• 26-V Open LED Protection (TPS61160)
• 38-V Open LED Protection (TPS61161)
• 200-mV Reference Voltage With ±2% Accuracy
• Flexible Digital and PWM Brightness Control
• Built-in Soft Start
• Up to 90% Efficiency
• Cellular Phones
• Portable Media Players
• Ultra Mobile Devices
• GPS Receivers
• White LED Backlighting for Media Form Factor Display
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.