The TPS6229x devices are highly efficient synchronous step down DC/DC converters optimized for battery powered portable applications. They provide up to 1000-mA output current from a single Li-ion cell.
With an input voltage range of 2.3 V to 6.0 V, the devices support batteries with extended voltage range and are ideal to power portable applications like mobile phones and other portable equipment.
The TPS6229x devices operate at 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enter power save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
• High Efficiency - up to 96%
• Output Current up to 1000 mA
• VIN Range From 2.3 V to 6.0V for Li-ion Batteries with Extended Voltage Range
• 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
• Power Save Mode at Light Load Currents
• Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±1.5%
• Fixed Output Voltage Options
• Typical 15-μA Quiescent Current
• 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
• Voltage Positioning at Light Loads
• Available in a 2-mm × 2-mm × 0.8-mm WSON (6) Package (DRV)
• Mobile Phones, Smart-Phones
• Wireless LAN
• Pocket PCs
• Low Power DSP Supply
• Portable Media Players
• Point-of-Load (POL) Applications
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.