The ULN2803A is a high-voltage, high-current Darlington transistor array. The device consists of eight npn Darlington pairs that feature high-voltage outputs with common-cathode clamp diodes for switching inductive loads. The collector-current rating of each Darlington pair is 500 mA. The Darlington pairs may be connected in parallel for higher current capability.
ULN2803A Applications include relay drivers, hammer drivers, lamp drivers, display drivers (LED and gas discharge), line drivers, and logic buffers. The ULN2803A has a 2.7-kÙ series base resistor for each Darlington pair for operation directly with TTL or 5-V CMOS devices.
- •500-mA Rated Collector Current (Single Output)
- • High-Voltage Outputs . . . 50 V
- •Output Clamp Diodes
- • Inputs Compatible With Various Types of Logic
- •Relay Driver Applications
- • Compatible with ULN2800A Series