Intro for STM32F103C8T6
The STM32F103C8T6 is a development board for the ARM Cortex-M3 processor, designed to provide a low-cost platform that can still meet the requirements of many developers. These board's features make it ideal for a wide range of applications such as motor control, power management, medical and handheld equipment, PC and gaming peripherals, GPS platforms, industrial applications and more.
STM32F103C8T6 medium-density performance line family incorporates the high-performance ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit RISC core operating at a 72 MHz frequency, high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 128 Kbytes and SRAM up to 20 Kbytes), and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses. All devices offer two 12-bit ADCs, three general purpose 16-bit timers plus one PWM timer, as well as standard and advanced communication interfaces: up to two I2Cs and SPIs, three USARTs, an USB and a CAN. The devices operate from a 2.0 to 3.6 V power supply. They are available in both the –40 to +85 °C temperature range and the –40 to +105 °C extended temperature range. A comprehensive set of power-saving mode allows the design of low-power applications.
stm32f103c8t6 pinout schematic
|Categories||Integrated Circuits (ICs)|
|Core Processor||ARM® Cortex®-M3|
|Connectivity||CAN, I2C, IrDA, LIN, SPI, UART/USART, USB|
|Peripherals||DMA, Motor Control PWM, PDR, POR, PVD, PWM, Temp Sensor, WDT|
|Number of I/O||37|
|Program Memory Size||64KB (64K x 8)|
|Program Memory Type||FLASH|
|RAM Size||20K x 8|
|Voltage - Supply (Vcc/Vdd)||2 V ~ 3.6 V|
|Data Converters||A/D 10x12b|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C ~ 85°C (TA)|
|Package / Case||48-LQFP|
|Base Part Number||STM32F103|
Tutorial to Program STM32F103C8T6 ARM STM32 arduino
STM32F103C8T6 is a very cheap but very fast ARM STM32 micro controller. You can run simple sketches very easy by following the steps below.
1. Download the latest Arduino IDE from arduino.cc and extract it. You can also download the Arduino IDE .exe file and install it to your computer.
2. After downloading the file from this link, extract it and copy the Arduino_STM32-master to your Arduino / hardware folder that you extract in the first step. If you have downloaded the .exe file then go to C:\Programs\Arduino\hardware.
3. Run the Arduino IDE, choose settings: 'Board: Generic STM32F103C series' 'Variant: STM32F103C8 (20k RAM, 64k Flash)' 'Upload method: Serial' 'Port: <the COM port of your USB-to-serial adapter>'
4. Go to File->Exampls A_STM32_Exampls->Digital->Blink and change the PB1 to PC13.
5. Put Boot1 to 1 by moving the jumper for 0 to 1, Press the Reset button and hit Upload on the Arduino IDE. After uploading if all went well the LED will blink every 100ms. Put Boot1 to 0 again so the next time you power up the micro controller the program will star automatically.
You can also try to read an analog value. Go to File->Exampls A_STM32_Exampls->Analog->AnalogInSerial. Change the const int analogInputPin = 15; to const int analogInputPin = PA0; and hit upload. Open the Serial Monitor on the Arduino IDE, the value will be from 0 to 4095, it has 4 times the resolution of an arduino.
Features of STM32F103C8T6
Embedded Flash memory
- Up to 128 Kbytes of embedded Flash is available for storing programs and data.
- Up to 20 Kbytes of embedded SRAM accessed (read/write) at CPU clock speed with 0 wait states.
At startup, boot pins are used to select one of three boot options:
- Boot from User Flash
- Boot from System Memory
- Boot from SRAM
The boot loader is located in System Memory. It is used to reprogram the Flash memory by using the USART.
Power supply schemes
- VDD = 2.0 to 3.6 V: external power supply for I/Os and the internal regulator. Provided externally through VDD pins.
- VSSA, VDDA = 2.0 to 3.6 V: external analog power supplies for ADC, Reset blocks, RCs and PLL. In VDD range (ADC is limited at 2.4 V).
- VBAT = 1.8 to 3.6 V: power supply for RTC, external clock 32 kHz oscillator and backup registers (through power switch) when VDD is not present.
Power supply supervisor
The device has an integrated Power On Reset (POR)/Power Down Reset (PDR) circuitry. It is always active, and ensures proper operation starting from/down to 2 V. The device
remains in reset mode when VDD is below a specified threshold, VPOR/PDR, without the need for an external reset circuit. The device features an embedded programmable voltage detector (PVD) that monitors the VDD power supply and compares it to the VPVD threshold. An interrupt can be generated when VDD drops below the VPVD and/or when VDD is higher than the VPVD threshold. The interrupt service routine can then generate a warning message and/or put the MCU into a safe state. The PVD is enabled by software.
The regulator has three operation modes: main (MR), low power (LPR) and power down.
- MR is used in the nominal regulation mode (Run)
- LPR is used in the Stop modes.
- Power down is used in Standby Mode: the regulator output is in high impedance: the kernel circuitry is powered-down, inducing zero consumption (but the contents of the registers and SRAM are lost) This regulator is always
The STM32F103xx performance line supports three low-power modes to achieve the best compromise between low power consumption, short startup time and available wakeup sources:
- Sleep mode, In Sleep mode, only the CPU is stopped. All peripherals continue to operate and can wake up the CPU when an interrupt/event occurs.
- Stop mode, Stop mode allows to achieve the lowest power consumption while retaining the content of SRAM and registers. All clocks in the 1.8 V domain are stopped, the PLL, the HSI and the HSE RC oscillators are disabled.
- Standby mode, The Standby mode allows to achieve the lowest power consumption. The internal voltage regulator is switched off so that the entire 1.8 V domain is powered off.
More applications for STM32F103C8T6
STM32F103C8T6 performances line microcontroller family suitable for a wide range of applications:
- Motor drive and application control
- Medical and handheld equipment
- PC peripherals gaming and GPS platforms
- Industrial applications: PLC, inverters, printers, and scanners
- Alarm systems, Video intercom, and HVAC
Go to view and download the datasheet pdf for STM32F103C8T6 from HQEW.NET.
Its a global leading electronic components & IC B2B platform based in Shenzhen Huaqiang Electronic World that has the biggest transactions for this industry in China. It will be a great place for you to step into the electronic markets of electronic components and IC, gathering numerous suppliers and millions of e-parts.