The popular 1N5221 thru 1N5281B series of 0.5 watt Zener Voltage Regulators provides a selection from 2.4 to 200 volts in standard 5% or 10% tolerances as well as tighter tolerances identified by different suffix letters on the part number. These glass axial-leaded DO-35 Zeners are also available in various military screening levels by adding a prefix identifier as described in the Features section. Microsemi also offers numerous other Zener products to meet higher and lower power applications.
• JEDEC registered 1N5221 to 1N5281B
• Internal bonds optionally available with “-1” suffix
• Options for screening in accordance with MIL-PRF-
19500 for JAN, JANTX, JANTXV, and JANS are
available by adding MQ, MX, MV, or MSP prefixes
respectively to part numbers with “-1” suffix.
• Surface mount equivalents available as MLL5221 to
MLL5281B in the DO-213AA MELF style package
including “-1” suffix options (consult factory for others)
• RoHS Compliant devices available by adding “e3” suffix
• DO-7 glass body axial-leaded Zener equivalents are also available
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over a broad operating current
and temperature range
• Extensive selection from 2.4 to 200 V
• Standard voltage tolerances are plus/minus 5%
with B suffix, 10 % with A suffix identification
• Tight tolerances available in plus or minus 2% or
1% with C or D suffix respectively
• Flexible axial-lead mounting terminals
• Nonsensitive to ESD (MIL-STD-750 Method 1020)
• Minimal capacitance (see Figure 2)
• Inherently radiation hard per MicroNote 050
Microsemi Corporation offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
Microsemi is now a subsidiary of Microchip Technology Inc.