These low capacitance diode arrays with common anode are multiple, discrete, isolated junctions fabricated by a planar process and mounted in a 10-PIN package for use as steering diodes protecting up to eight I/O ports from ESD, EFT, or surge by directing them to ground (see figure 1). This circuit application is further complimented by the 1N6506 (separate data sheet) that has a common cathode. An external TVS diode may be added between the positive supply line and ground to prevent overvoltage on the supply rail. They may also be used in fast switching core-driver applications.
• Hermetic Ceramic Package
• Isolated Diodes to Eliminate Cross-Talk Voltages
• High Breakdown Voltage VBR > 60 V at 10 μA
• Low Leakage IR< 100nA at 40 V
• Low Capacitance C < 8.0 pF
• Options for screening in accordance with MIL-PRF-19500/474 for JAN, JANTX, JANTXV, and JANS are available by adding MQ, MX, MV, or MSP prefixes respectively to part numbers. For example, designate MX1N6507 for a JANTX screen.
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• High Frequency Data Lines
• RS-232 & RS-422 Interface Networks
• Ethernet: 10 Base T
• Computer I/O Ports
• Switching Core Drivers
• IEC 61000-4 Compatible (see circuit in figure 1)
61000-4-2 ESD: Air 15 kV, contact 8 kW
61000-4-4 (EFT): 40 A – 5/50 ns
61000-4-5 (surge): 12 A 8/20 μs
Microsemi Corporation offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
Microsemi is now a subsidiary of Microchip Technology Inc.