The Microchip Technology Inc. 25XX040A* is a 4 Kbit Serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM). The memory is accessed via a simple Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) compatible serial bus. The bus signals required are a clock input (SCK) plus separate data in (SI) and data out (SO) lines. Access to the device is controlled through a Chip Select (CS) input.
Communication to the device can be paused via the hold pin (HOLD). While the device is paused, transitions on its inputs will be ignored, with the exception of Chip Select, allowing the host to service higher priority interrupts.
The 25XX040A is available in standard packages including 8-lead PDIP and SOIC, and advanced packages including 8-lead MSOP, 8-lead TSSOP and rotated TSSOP, 8-lead 2x3 DFN and TDFN, and 6-lead SOT-23.
• Max. Clock 10 MHz
• Low-Power CMOS Technology:
- Max. Write Current: 5 mA at 5.5V, 10 MHz
- Read Current: 5 mA at 5.5V, 10 MHz
- Standby Current: 5 A at 5.5V
• 512 x 8-Bit Organization
• Write Page mode (up to 16 bytes)
• Sequential Read
• Self-timed Erase and Write Cycles (5 ms max.)
• Block Write Protection:
- Protect none, 1/4, 1/2 or all of array
• Built-in Write Protection:
- Power-on/off data protection circuitry
- Write enable latch
- Write-protect pin
• High Reliability:
- Endurance: 1,000,000 Erase/Write cycles
- Data retention: >200 years
- ESD protection: >4000V
• Temperature Ranges Supported:
• Pb-Free and RoHS Compliant
- Industrial (I): -40°C to +85°C
- Automotive (E): -40°C to +125°C
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.