The Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) series for 1N5908 & 1N6267-1N6303A are JEDEC registered selections for unidirectional devices. The popular series of 1.5KE6.8-1.5KE400CA offers similar voltages with an extended voltage range and also provides bidirectional options with a C or CA suffix. All have the same high Peak Pulse Power rating of 1500 W and extremely fast response time. They can protect from secondary lightning effects per IEC61000-4-5 and class levels described herein as well as inductive switching environments and induced RF protection. Since their response time is virtually instantaneous, they can also protect from ESD and EFT per IEC61000-4-2 and IEC61000-4-4.
• Economical TVS series for thru-hole mounting
• Available in both Unidirectional and Bidirectional (1.5KE series add C or CA suffix for Bidirectional)
• Voltages from 6.8 to 400 V Breakdown (VBR)
• Suppresses transients up to 1500 watts @ 10/1000 µs
• Optional 100% screening for avionics grade is available by adding MA prefix to part number for added 100% temperature cycle -55oC to +125oC (10X) as well as surge (3X) and 24 hours HTRB with post test VZ & IR (in the operating direction for unidirectional or both directions for bidirectional)
• Options for screening in accordance with MIL-PRF-19500 for JANTX are also available by adding MX prefix to the part number.
• Surface mount equivalent packages are available as SMCJ5.0 - SMCJ170CA or SMCG5.0 - SMCG170CA (consult factory for other surface mount options)
• Moisture classification is Level 1 with no dry pack required per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B
• RoHS Compliant devices available by adding “e3” suffix
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Protection from switching transients and induced RF
• Protection from ESD and EFT per IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 61000-4-4 with fast response
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 42 Ohms source impedance:
Class 1: 1.5KE6.8A to 1.5KE200A or CA *
Class 2: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE180A or CA *
Class 3: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE91A or CA *
Class 4: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE43A or CA *
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 12 Ohms source impedance:
Class 1 : 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE110A or CA *
Class 2: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE56A or CA *
Class 3: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE27A or CA *
Class 4: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE13A or CA *
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 2 Ohms source impedance:
Class 2: 1.5KE5.0A to 1.5KE24A or CA *
Class 3: 1.5KE5.0 to 1.5KE12A or CA *
* Also applies to 1N5908 and 1Nxxxx of same voltage
Microsemi Corporation offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
Microsemi is now a subsidiary of Microchip Technology Inc.