The Microchip Technology Inc. 25AA040/25LC040/25C040 (25xx040*) is a 4K bit serial Electrically Erasable PROM. The memory is accessed via a simple Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) compatible serial bus. The bus signals required are a clock input (SCK) plus separate data in (SI) and data out (SO) lines. Access to the device is controlled through a chip select (CS) input.
• Low power CMOS technology
- Write current: 3 mA typical
- Read current: 500 µA typical
- Standby current: 500 nA typical
• 512 x 8 bit organization
• 16 byte page
• Write cycle time: 5ms max.
• Self-timed ERASE and WRITE cycles
• Block write protection
- Protect none, 1/4, 1/2, or all of array
• Built-in write protection
- Power on/off data protection circuitry
- Write enable latch
- Write protect pin
• Sequential read
• High reliability
- Endurance: 10M cycles (guaranteed)
- Data retention: > 200 years
- ESD protection: > 4000 V
• 8-pin PDIP, SOIC, and TSSOP packages
• Temperature ranges supported:
- Commercial: (C) 0°C to +70°C
- Industrial: (I) -40°C to +85°C
- Automotive: (E) (25C040) -40°C to +125°C
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.