The DS90UB925Q-Q1 serializer, in conjunction with the DS90UB926Q-Q1 deserializer, provides a complete digital interface for concurrent transmission of high-speed video, audio, and control data for automotive display and image sensing applications.
The chipset is ideally suited for automotive video-display systems with HD formats and automotive vision systems with megapixel resolutions. The DS90UB925Q-Q1 incorporates an embedded bidirectional control channel and low latency GPIO controls. This chipset translates a parallel interface into a single pair high-speed serialized interface. The serial bus scheme, FPD-Link III, supports full duplex of high-speed video data transmission and bidirectional control communication over a single differential link. Consolidation of video data and control over a single differential pair reduces the interconnect size and weight, while also eliminating skew issues and simplifying system design.
The DS90UB925Q-Q1 serializer embeds the clock, DC scrambles & balances the data payload, and level shifts the signals to high-speed low voltage differential signaling. Up to 24 data bits are serialized along the video control signals.
Serial transmission is optimized by a user selectable de-emphasis. EMI is minimized by the use of low voltage differential signaling, data scrambling and randomization and spread spectrum clocking compatibility.
• Bidirectional Control Interface Channel Interface
with I2C Compatible Serial Control Bus
• Supports High Definition (720 p) Digital Video
• RGB888 + VS, HS, DE and I2S Audio Supported
• Supports Two 10–bit Camera Video Streams
• 5 – 85MHz PCLK Supported
• Single 3.3 V Operation with 1.8 V or 3.3 V
Compatible LVCMOS I/O Interface
• AC-Coupled STP Interconnect Up to 10 Meters
• Parallel LVCMOS Video Inputs
• DC-Balanced and Scrambled Data with
• Supports Repeater Application
• Internal Pattern Generation
• Low Power Modes Minimize Power Dissipation
• Automotive Grade Product: AEC-Q100 Grade 2
• >8kV HBM and ISO 10605 ESD Rating
• Backward Compatible to FPD-Link II
• Automotive Display for Navigation
• Rear Seat Entertainment Systems
• Automotive Driver Assistance
• Automotive Megapixel Camera Systems
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.