The 6N137, HCPL-26XX/06XX/4661, HCNW137/26X1 are optically coupled gates that combine a GaAsP light emitting diode and an integrated high gain photo detector. An enable input allows the detector to be strobed.
The output of the detector IC is an open collector Schottky clamped transistor. The internal shield provides a guaranteed common mode transient immunity specification of 5,000 V/µs for the HCPL-X601/X631 and HCNW2601, and 10,000 V/µs for the HCPL-X611/X661 and HCNW2611.
This unique design provides maximum ac and dc circuit isolation while achieving TTL compatibility. The optocoupler ac and dc operational parameters are guaranteed from -40°C to +85°C allowing troublefree system performance.
The 6N137, HCPL-26XX, HCPL-06XX, HCPL-4661, HCNW137, and HCNW26X1 are suitable for high speed logic interfacing, input/output buffering, as line receivers in environments that conventional line receivers cannot tolerate and are recom mended for use in extremely high ground or induced noise environments.
• 5 kV/µs Minimum Common
Mode Rejection (CMR) at
VCM = 50 V for HCPL-X601/X631, HCNW2601 and
10 kV/µs Minimum CMR at VCM = 1000 V for HCPL X611/X661, HCNW2611
• High Speed: 10 MBd Typical
• LSTTL/TTL Compatible
• Low Input Current Capability: 5 mA
• Guaranteed ac and dc Performance over Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
• Available in 8-Pin DIP, SOIC-8, Widebody Packages
• Strobable Output (Single Channel Products Only)
• Safety Approval
UL Recognized - 3750 V rms
for 1 minute and 5000 V rms*
for 1 minute per UL1577
CSA Approved IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-2 Approved with VIORM = 630 V peak
for HCPL-2611 Option 060 and VIORM = 1414 V peak for HCNW137/26X1
• MIL-PRF-38534 Hermetic Version Available (HCPL-56XX/66XX)
• Isolated Line Receiver
• Computer-Peripheral Interfaces
• Microprocessor System Interfaces
• Digital Isolation for A/D, D/A Conversion
• Switching Power Supply
• Instrument Input/Output Isolation
• Ground Loop Elimination
• Pulse Transformer Replacement
• Power Transistor Isolation in Motor Drives
• Isolation of High Speed Logic Systems