The HYNIX HY27(U/S)S(08/16)561A series is a 32Mx8bit with spare 8Mx16 bit capacity. The device is offered in 1.8V Vcc Power Supply and in 3.3V Vcc Power Supply.
Its NAND cell provides the most cost-effective solution for the solid state mass storage market.
The memory is divided into blocks that can be erased independently so it is possible to preserve valid data while old data is erased.
The device contains 2048 blocks, composed by 32 pages consisting in two NAND structures of 16 series connected Flash cells.
A program operation allows to write the 512-byte page in typical 200us and an erase operation can be performed in typical 2ms on a 16K-byte(X8 device) block.
Data in the page mode can be read out at 50ns cycle time per byte. The I/O pins serve as the ports for address and data input/output as well as command input. This interface allows a reduced pin count and easy migration towards different densities, without any rearrangement of footprint.
HIGH DENSITY NAND FLASH MEMORIES
- Cost effective solutions for mass storage applications
- x8 or x16 bus width.
- Multiplexed Address/ Data
- Pinout compatibility for all densities
- 3.3V device: VCC = 2.7 to 3.6V : HY27USXX561A
- 1.8V device: VCC = 1.7 to 1.95V : HY27SSXX561A
Memory Cell Array
= (512+16) Bytes x 32 Pages x 2,048 Blocks
= (256+8) Words x 32 pages x 2,048 Blocks
- x8 device : (512 + 16 spare) Bytes
- x16 device: (256 + 8 spare) Words
- x8 device: (16K + 512 spare) Bytes
- x16 device: (8K + 256 spare) Words
PAGE READ / PROGRAM
- Random access: 3.3V: 12us (max.)
1.8V: 15us (max.)
- Sequential access: 3.3V: 50ns (min.)
1.8V: 60ns (min.)
- Page program time: 200us (typ.)
COPY BACK PROGRAM MODE
- Fast page copy without external buffering