The HYNIX HY27(U/S)A(08/16)1G1M series is a family of non-volatile Flash memories that use NAND cell technology. The devices operate 3.3V and 1.8V voltage supply. The size of a Page is either 528 Bytes (512 + 16 spare) or 264 Words (256 + 8 spare) depending on whether the device has a x8 or x16 bus width.
The address lines are multiplexed with the Data Input/ Output signals on a multiplexed x8 or x16 Input/ Output bus. This interface reduces the pin count and makes it possible to migrate to other densities without changing the footprint.
Each block can be programmed and erased over 100,000 cycles. To extend the lifetime of NAND Flash devices it is strongly recommended to implement an Error Correction Code (ECC). A Write Protect pin is available to give a hard ware protection against program and erase operations.
HIGH DENSITY NAND FLASH MEMORIES
- Cost effective solutions for mass storage applications
- x8 or x16 bus width.
- Multiplexed Address/ Data
- Pinout compatibility for all densities
- 3.3V device: VCC = 2.7 to 3.6V : HY27UAXX1G1M
- 1.8V device: VCC = 1.7 to 1.95V : HY27SAXX1G1M
1.8V Operation Product : TBD
Memory Cell Array
- 1056Mbit = 528 Bytes x 32 Pages x 8,192 Blocks
- x8 device: (512 + 16 spare) Bytes
- x16 device: (256 + 8 spare) Words
- x8 device: (16K + 512 spare) Bytes
- x16 device: (8K + 256 spare) Words
PAGE READ / PROGRAM
- Random access: 12us (max)
- Sequential access: 50ns (min)
- Page program time: 200us (typ)
COPY BACK PROGRAM MODE
- Fast page copy without external buffering
FAST BLOCK ERASE
- Block erase time: 2ms (Typ)
AUTOMATIC PAGE 0 READ AT POWER-UP OPTION
- Boot from NAND support
- Automatic Memory Download
SERIAL NUMBER OPTION
HARDWARE DATA PROTECTION
- Program/Erase locked during Power transitions
- 100,000 Program/Erase cycles
- 10 years Data Retention