The LM1117-N is a series of low dropout voltage regulators with a dropout of 1.2V at 800mA of load current. It has the same pin-out as Texas Instruments' industry standard LM317.
The LM1117-N is available in an adjustable version, which can set the output voltage from 1.25V to 13.8V with only two external resistors. In addition, it is also available in five fixed voltages, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V, 3.3V, and 5V.
The LM1117-N offers current limiting and thermal shutdown. Its circuit includes a zener trimmed bandgap reference to assure output voltage accuracy to within ±1%.
The LM1117-N series is available in WSON, PFM, SOT-223, TO-220, and TO-263 DDPAK packages. A minimum of 10µF tantalum capacitor is required at the output to improve the transient response and stability.
• Available in 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V, 3.3V, 5V, and Adjustable Versions
• Space Saving SOT-223 and WSON Packages
• Current Limiting and Thermal Protection
• Output Current 800mA
• Line Regulation 0.2% (Max)
• Load Regulation 0.4% (Max)
• Temperature Range
– LM1117-N: 0°C to 125°C
– LM1117I: −40°C to 125°C
• 2.85V Model for SCSI-2 Active Termination
• Post Regulator for Switching DC/DC Converter
• High Efficiency Linear Regulators
• Battery Charger
• Battery Powered Instrumentation
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.