The LM2575 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 1A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation and a fixed frequency oscillator.
The LM2575 series offers a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It substantially reduces the size of the heat sink, and in many cases no heat sink is required.
A standard series of inductors optimized for use with the LM2575 are available from several different manufacturers. This feature greatly simplifies the design of switch-mode power supplies.
Other features include a specified ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and ±10% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring 50 μA (typical) standby current. The output switch includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.
• 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and Adjustable Output Versions
• Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range,
– 1.23V to 37V (57V for HV Version) ±4% Max Over
– Line and Load Conditions
• Specified 1A Output Current
• Wide Input Voltage Range, 40V up to 60V for HV Version
• Requires Only 4 External Components
• 52 kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
• TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
• High Efficiency
• Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
• Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
• P+Product Enhancement Tested
• Simple High-Efficiency Step-Down (Buck) Regulator
• Efficient Pre-Regulator for Linear Regulators
• On-Card Switching Regulators
• Positive to Negative Converter (Buck-Boost)
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.