The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and
include internal frequency compensation , and a fixed-frequency oscillator.
• 3.3V, 5V, 12V, and Adjustable Output Versions
• Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range,
1.2V to 37V ±4% Max Over Line and Load Conditions
• Available in TO-220 and TO-263 Packages
• Ensured 3A Output Load Current
• Input Voltage Range Up to 40V
• Requires Only 4 External Components
• Excellent Line and Load Regulation Specifications
• 150 kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
• TTL Shutdown Capability
• Low Power Standby Mode, IQ Typically 80 μA
• High Efficiency
• Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
• Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
• Simple High-Efficiency Step-Down (Buck) Regulator
• On-Card Switching Regulators
• Positive to Negative Converter
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.