The LM2674 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits built with a LMDMOS process. These regulators provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 500-mA load current with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include patented internal frequency compensation and a fixed frequency oscillator.
The LM2674 series operates at a switching frequency of 260 kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what is required with lower frequency switching regulators. Because of its very high efficiency (>90%), the copper traces on the printed-circuit board are the only heat sinking required.
• Efficiency up to 96%
• Available in 8-Pin SOIC, PDIP, and 16-Pin WSON Packages
• Simple and Easy to Design With
• Requires Only 5 External Components
• Uses Readily Available Standard Inductors
• 3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and Adjustable Output Versions
• Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range: 1.21 V to 37 V
• ±1.5% Maximum Output Voltage Tolerance Over Line and Load Conditions
• Ensured 500-mA Output Load Current
• 0.25-Ω DMOS Output Switch
• Wide Input Voltage Range: 8 V to 40 V
• 260-kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
• TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby Mode
• Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
• Simple High Efficiency (>90%) Step-Down (Buck) Regulators
• Efficient Preregulator for Linear Regulators
• Positive-to-Negative Converters
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.