The LM3671 step-down DC-DC converter is optimized for powering low voltage circuits from a single Li-Ion cell battery and input voltage rails from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. It provides up to 600-mA load current, over the entire input voltage range. There are several different fixed voltage output options available as well as an adjustable output voltage version range from 1.1 V to 3.3 V.
The device offers superior features and performance for mobile phones and similar portable systems. Automatic intelligent switching between PWM low noise and PFM low-current mode offers improved system control. During PWM mode, the device operates at a fixed-frequency of 2 MHz (typical). Hysteretic PFM mode extends the battery life by reducing the quiescent current to 16 µA (typical) during light load and standby operation. Internal synchronous rectification provides high efficiency during PWM mode operation. In shutdown mode, the device turns off and reduces battery consumption to 0.01 µA (typical).
A high-switching frequency of 2 MHz (typical) allows use of tiny surface-mount components. Only three external surface-mount components, an inductor, and two ceramic capacitors, are required.
• LM3671-Q1 is Qualified for Automotive
• AEC Q100-Qualified With the Following Results
– Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to
+125°C Ambient Operating Temperature
• 16-µA Typical Quiescent Current
• 600-mA Maximum Load Capability
• 2-MHz PWM Fixed Switching Frequency (Typical)
• Automatic PFM-PWM Mode Switching
• Internal Synchronous Rectification for High
• Internal Soft Start
• 0.01-µA Typical Shutdown Current
• Operates from a Single Li-Ion Cell Battery
• Only Three Tiny Surface-Mount External
Components Required (One Inductor, Two
• Current Overload and Thermal Shutdown
• Available in Fixed Output Voltages and Adjustable
• Mobile Phones
• MP3 Players
• Portable Instruments
• Digital Still Cameras
• Portable Hard Disk Drives
• Portable Medical Equipment
• Handheld Transaction Terminals
• Wireless Home-Automation Equipment
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.