The LP2950-XX/LP2951-XX is a low power voltage regulator. This device excellent choice for use in battery powered application such as c ordless telephone, radio control systems, and portable computers.
The LP2950-XX/LP2951-XX features very low quiescent current (75mA Typ.) and very low drop output voltage (Typ. 40mV at light load and 380mV at 100mA). This includes a tight initial tolerance of 0.5% typ., extremely good load and line regulation of 0.05% typ., and very low output temperature coefficient, making the LP2950-XX/LP2951-XX useful as a low-power voltage reference.
The error flag output feature is used as power-on reset for warn of a low output voltage, due to following batteries on input. Other feature is the logic-compatible shutdown input which enable the regulator to be switched on and off.
The LP2951-XX is available in 8-pin plastic packages. The regulator output voltage may be pin-strapped for a -XX volt or programmed from 1.24 volt to 29 volts with external pair of resistors.
The LP2950-XX is offered in 3-pin TO-92 package compatible with other fixed regulator.
• High accuracy output voltage
• Guaranteed 100mA output
• Very low quiescent current
• Low dropout voltage
• Extremely tight load and line regulation
• Very low temperature coefficient
• Needs only 1mF for stability
• Error Flag warns of output dropout
• Logic-Controlled electronic shutdown
• Output programmable from 1.24 to 29V
• Battery powered systems
• Cordless telephones
• Radio control systems
• Portable/Palm top/Notebook computers
• Portable consumer equipment
• Portable Instrumentation
• Automotive Electronics
• SMPS Post-Regulator
• Voltage Reference