The Microchip Technology Inc. MCP3550/1/3 devices are 2.7V to 5.5V low-power, 22-bit Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs). The devices offer output noise as low as 2.5 µVRMS, with a total unadjusted error of 10 ppm. The family exhibits 6 ppm Integral Non-Linearity (INL) error, 3 µV offset error and less than 2 ppm full-scale error. The MCP3550/1/3 devices provide high accuracy and low noise performance for applications where sensor measurements (such as pressure, temperature and humidity) are performed. With the internal oscillator and high oversampling rate, minimal external components are required for high-accuracy applications.
• 22-bit ADC in Small 8-pin MSOP Package with Automatic Internal Offset and Gain Calibration
• Low-Output Noise of 2.5 µVRMS with Effective Resolution of 21.9 bits (MCP3550/1)
• 3 µV Typical Offset Error
• 2 ppm Typical Full-Scale Error
• 6 ppm Maximum INL Error
• Total Unadjusted Error Less Than 10 ppm
• No Digital Filter Settling Time, Single-Command Conversions through 3-wire SPI Interface
• Ultra-Low Conversion Current (MCP3550/1):
-100µA typical (VDD= 2.7V)
-120µA typical (VDD= 5.0V)
• Differential Input with VSSto VDDCommon Mode Range
• 2.7V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
• Extended Temperature Range: - -40°C to +125°C
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.