The MCP73831/2 devices are highly advanced linear charge management controllers for use in space-limited, cost-sensitive applications. The MCP73831/2 are available in an 8-Lead, 2 mm x 3 mm DFN package or a 5-Lead, SOT23 package. Along with their small physical size, the low number of external components required make the MCP73831/2 ideally suited for portable applications. For applications charging from a USB port, the MCP73831/2 adhere to all the specifications governing the USB power bus.
• Linear Charge Management Controller:
- Integrated Pass Transistor
- Integrated Current Sense
- Reverse Discharge Protection
• High Accuracy Preset Voltage Regulation: +0.75%
• Four Voltage Regulation Options:
- 4.20V, 4.35V, 4.40V, 4.50V
• Programmable Charge Current
• Selectable Preconditioning
• Selectable End-of-Charge Control
• Charge Status Output
- Tri-State Output - MCP73831
- Open-Drain Output - MCP73832
• Automatic Power-Down
• Thermal Regulation
• Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- 8-Lead, 2 mm x 3 mm DFN
- 5-Lead, SOT23
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.