This SMBJ5.0-170A or SMBG5.0-170A series of surface mount 600 W Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVSs) protects a variety of voltage-sensitive components from destruction or degradation. It is available in J-bend design (SMBJ) with the DO-214AA package for greater PC board mounting density or in a Gull-wing design (SMBG) in the DO-215AA for visible solder connections. It is also available in both unidirectional and bidirectional configurations with a C or CA suffix part number as well as RoHS Compliant with an e3 suffix. Their response time is virtually instantaneous. As a result, they can be used for protection from ESD or EFT per IEC61000-4-2 and IEC61000-4-4, or for inductive switching environments and induced RF protection. They can also protect from secondary lightning effects per IEC61000-4-5 and class levels defined herein. Microsemi also offers numerous other TVS products to meet higher and lower power demands and special applications.
• Available in both unidirectional and bidirectional
construction (add C or CA suffix for bidirectional)
• Selections for 5.0 to 170 volts standoff voltages (VWM)
• Optional 100% screening for avionics grade is available
by adding MA prefix to part number for 100% temperature
cycle -55oC to +125oC (10X) as well as surge (3X) and 24
hours HTRB with post test VZ & IR (in operating direction
for unidirectional or both directions for bidirectional)
• Options for screening in accordance with MIL-PRF-19500
for JANTX are available by adding MX prefix to the part
• Axial-lead equivalent packages for thru-hole mounting
available as P6KE6.8 to P6KE200CA (consult factory for
other surface mount options)
• Moisture classification is Level 1 with no dry pack required
per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B
• RoHS compliant devices available by adding an “e3” suffix
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Economical surface mount design in both J-bend or Gull-wing terminations
• Protects sensitive components such as IC’s, CMOS, Bipolar, BiCMOS, ECL, DTL, T2L, etc.
• Protection from switching transients & induced RF
• Compliant to IEC61000-4-2 and IEC61000-4-4 for ESD and EFT protection respectively
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 42 Ohms source impedance:
Class 1: SMB 5.0 to SMB 120A or CA
Class 2: SMB 5.0 to SMB 60A or CA
Class 3: SMB 5.0 to SMB 30A or CA
• Class 4: SMB 5.0 to SMB 15A or CA
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 12 Ohms source impedance:
Class 1: SMB 5.0 to SMB 36A or CA
• Class 2: SMB 5.0 to SMB 18A or CA
Microsemi Corporation offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets. Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions, security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Ethernet solutions; Power-over-Ethernet ICs and midspans; as well as custom design capabilities and services.
Microsemi is now a subsidiary of Microchip Technology Inc.