The second generation CoolSET™-F2 provides several special enhancements to satisfy the needs for low power standby and protection features. In standby mode frequency reduction is used to lower the power consumption and support a stable output voltage in this mode. The frequency reduction is limited to 20kHz/21.5 kHz to avoid audible noise. In case of failure modes like open loop, overvoltage or overload due to short circuit the device switches in Auto Restart Mode which is controlled by the internal protection unit. By means of the internal precise peak current limitation, the dimension of the transformer and the secondary diode can be sized lower which leads to more cost effective for the overall system.
• Best in class in DIP8, DIP7, TO220 and DSO16/12 packages
• No heat-sink required for DIP8, DIP7 and DSO16/12
• Increased creepage distance for TO220, DIP7 and DSO16/12
• Isolated drain for TO220 packages
• Lowest standby power dissipation
• Enhanced protection functions with Auto Restart Mode
• 650V/800V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™
• Only few external components required
• Input Vcc Undervoltage Lockout
• 67kHz/100kHz switching frequency
• Max duty cycle 72%
• Low Power Standby Mode to meet European Commission Requirements
• Thermal Shut Down with Auto Restart
• Overload and Open Loop Protection
• Overvoltage Protection during Auto Restart
• Adjustable Peak Current Limitation via external resistor
• Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
• Internal Leading Edge Blanking
• User defined Soft Start Soft Switching for low EMI
On April 1st, 1999, Siemens Semiconductors became Infineon Technologies. A dynamic more flexible company geared towards success in the competitive, ever-changing world of microelectronics.
Infineon is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of a broad range of semiconductors used in various microelectronic applications. Infineon's product portfolio consists of logic products, including digital, mixed-signal, and analog integrated circuits, as well as discrete semiconductor products.