The RE46C165/6/7/8 devices are low-power, CMOS photoelectric type, smoke detector ICs. With minimal external components, these circuits will provide all the required features for a photoelectric type smoke detector.
Each design incorporates a gain selectable photo amplifier for use with an infrared emitter/detector pair. An internal oscillator strobes power to the smoke detection circuitry for 100 µs every 10 seconds to keep standby current to a minimum. If smoke is sensed, the detection rate is increased to verify an alarm condition. A high gain mode is available for push button chambertesting.
• Temporal Horn Pattern or Continuous Tone
• Alarm Memory
• Sensitivity Control Times:
- 9 minutes (RE46C165/6)
- 1.2 minutes (RE46C167/8)
• I/O Filter and Charge Dump
• Interconnect up to 40 Detectors
• Internal Power-on Reset
• >2000V ESD Protection (HBM) on All Pins
• Low Quiescent Current Consumption (<8 µA)
• Internal Low Battery Detection and Chamber Test
• RoHS Compliant Lead-Free Packaging
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.
Microchip Technology Inc. has acquired Atmel.