The RT9167/A is a 300mA/500mA low dropout and low noise micropower regulator suitable for portable applications. The output voltages range from 1.5V to 5.0V in 100mV increments and 2% accuracy. The RT9167/A is designed for use with very low ESR capacitors. The output remains stable even with 1μF ceramic output capacitor.
The RT9167/A uses an internal PMOS as the pass device, which does not cause extra GND current in heavy load and dropout conditions. The shutdown mode of nearly zero operation current makes the IC suitable for battery-powered devices. Other features include a reference bypass pin to improve low noise performance, current limiting, and over temperature protection.
• Stable with Low-ESR Output Capacitor
• Low Dropout Voltage (350mV @ 300mA)
• Low Operation Current −80μA Typical
• Shutdown Function
• Low Noise Output
• Low Temperature Coefficient
• Current and Thermal Limiting
• Custom Voltage Available
• SOT-23-5 and SOP-8 Packages
• RoHS Compliant and 100% Lead (Pb)-Free
• Cellular Telephones
• Laptop, Notebook, and Palmtop Computers
• Battery-powered Equipment
• Hand-held Equipment