The WM8804 is a high performance consumer mode S/PDIF transceiver with support for 1 received channel and 1 transmitted channel.
A crystal derived, or externally provided high quality master clock is used to allow low jitter recovery of S/PDIF supplied master clocks.
Generation of all typically used audio clocks is possible using the high performance internal PLL. A dedicated CLKOUT pin provides a high drive clock output.
A pass through option is provided which allows the device simply to be used to clean up (de-jitter) the received digital audio signals.
The device may be used under software control or stand alone hardware control modes. In software control mode, both 2-wire with read back and 3-wire interface modes are supported.
• S/PDIF (IEC60958-3) compliant.
• Advanced jitter attenuating PLL with low intrinsic period
jitter of 50 ps RMS.
• S/PDIF recovered clock using PLL, or stand alone crystal
derived clock generation.
• Supports 10 – 27MHz crystal clock frequencies.
• 2-wire / 3-Wire serial or hardware control interface.
• Programmable audio data interface modes:
- I2S, Left, Right Justified or DSP
- 16/20/24 bit word lengths
• 1 channel receiver input and 1 channel transmit output.
• Auto frequency detection / synchronisation.
• Selectable output status data bits.
• Up to 3 configurable GPO pins.
• De-emphasis flag output.
• Non-audio detection including DOLBYTM and DTSTM.
• Channel status changed flag.
• Configurable clock distribution with selectable output
MCLK rate of 512fs, 256fs, 128fs and 64fs.
• 2.7 to 3.6V digital and PLL supply voltages.
• 20-lead SSOP package.
• AV processors and Hi-Fi systems
• Music industry applications
• Digital TV
Cirrus Logic - Cirrus Logic is a leader in high performance, low-power ICs for audio and voice signal processing applications. Cirrus Logic’s products span the entire audio signal chain, from capture to playback, providing innovative products for the world’s top smartphones, tablets, digital headsets, wearables and emerging smart home applications.