The W78E516B is an 8-bit microcontroller which has an in-system programmable MTP-ROM for firmware updating. The instruction set of the W78E516B is fully compatible with the standard 8052. The W78E516B contains a 64K bytes of main MTP-ROM and a 4K bytes of auxiliary MTP-ROM which allows the contents of the 64KB main MTP-ROM to be updated by the loader program located at the 4KB auxiliary MTP-ROM;512 bytes of on-chip RAM; four 8-bit bi-directional and bit addressable I/O ports; an additional 4-bit port P4; three 16-bit timer/counters; a serial port. These peripherals are supported by a eight sources two-level interrupt capability.
· Fully static design 8-bit CMOS microcontroller up to 40 MHz.
· 64K bytes of in-system programmable MTP-ROM for Application Program (APROM).
· 4K bytes of auxiliary MTP-ROM for Loader Program (LDROM).
· 512 bytes of on-chip RAM. (including 256 bytes of AUX-RAM, software selectable)
· 64K bytes program memory address space and 64K bytes data memory address space.
· Four 8-bit bi-directional ports.
· One 4-bit multipurpose programmable port.
· Three 16-bit timer/counters
· One full duplex serial port
· Six -sources, two-level interrupt capability
· Built-in power management
· Code protection
· Packaged in
- DIP 40: W78E516B-24/40
- PLCC 44: W78E516BP-24/40