The P278xA is a versatile spread spectrum frequency modulator designed specifically for digital camera and other digital video and imaging applications. The P278xA reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) at the clock source, which provides system wide reduction of EMI of all clock dependent signals. The P278xA allows significant system cost savings by reducing the number of
circuit board layers and shielding that are traditionally required to pass EMI regulations.
• Provides up to 15dB of EMI suppression
• FCC approved method of EMI attenuation
• Generates a 1X, 2X, and 4X low EMI spread spectrum clock of the input frequency
• Input frequency range from 3 to 78MHz
• External loop filter for spread % adjustment
• Spreading ranges from±0.25% to ±5.0%
• Ultra low cycle-to-cycle jitter
• Zero-cycle slip
• 3.3V operating voltage range
• Ultra-low power CMOS design
• P278xA is available in 8 pin SOIC and TSSOP Packages
• Available for industrial and automotive temperature ranges.
The P278xA is targeted towards MFP, xDSL, fax modem, set-top box, USB controller, DSC, and embedded systems.