The ADS1246, ADS1247, and ADS1248 devices are precision, 24-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that include many integrated features to reduce system cost and component count for sensor measurement applications. The devices feature a low-noise, programmable gain amplifier (PGA), a precision delta-sigma (ΔΣ) ADC with a single-cycle settling digital filter, and an internal oscillator. The ADS1247 and ADS1248 devices also provide a built in, low-drift voltage reference, and two matched programmable excitation current sources (IDACs).
An input multiplexer supports four differential inputs for the ADS1248, two for the ADS1247, and one for the ADS1246. In addition, the multiplexer integrates sensor burn-out detection, voltage bias for thermocouples, system monitoring, and general purpose digital I/Os (ADS1247 and ADS1248). The PGA provides selectable gains up to 128 V/V. These features provide a complete front-end solution for temperature sensor measurement applications including thermocouples, thermistors, and resistance temperature detectors (RTDs) and other small signal measurements including resistive bridge sensors. The digital filter settles in a single cycle to support fast channel cycling when using the input multiplexer and provides data rates up to 2 kSPS. For data rates of 20 SPS or less, both 50-Hz and 60-Hz interference are rejected by the filter.
• Programmable Data Rates Up to 2 kSPS
• Single-Cycle Settling for All Data Rates
• Simultaneous 50-Hz and 60-Hz Rejection at 20 SPS
• Analog Multiplexer With 8 (ADS1248) and 4 (ADS1247) Independently Selectable Inputs
• Low-Noise PGA: 48 nVRMS at PGA = 128
• Dual-Matched Programmable Excitation Current Sources
• Low-Drift Internal 2.048-V Reference: 10 ppm/°C (Maximum)
• Sensor Burn-Out Detection
• 4 or 8 General-Purpose I/Os (ADS1247, ADS1248)
• Internal Temperature Sensor
• Power Supply and VREF Monitoring (ADS1247, ADS1248)
• Self and System Calibration
• SPI™-Compatible Serial Interface
• Analog Supply: Unipolar (2.7 V to 5.25 V) and Bipolar (±2.5 V) Operation
• Digital Supply: 2.7 V to 5.25 V
• Temperature Sensor Measurements:
– RTDs, Thermocouples, and Thermistors
• Pressure Measurements
• Flow Meters
• Factory Automation and Process Controls
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.