The AME8801/8812/8840 family of positive, linear regulators feature low quiescent current (30mA typ.) with low dropout voltage, making them ideal for battery applications. The space-saving SOT-25/TSOT-25 & SOT-26/TSOT-26 packages are attractive for "Pocket" and "Hand Held" applications.
These rugged devices have both Thermal Shutdown, and Current Fold-back to prevent device failure under the "Worst" operating conditions.
In applications requiring a low noise, regulated supply, place a 1000 pF capacitor between Bypass and Ground.
The AME8801 is stable with an output capacitance of 2.2mF or greater.
• Very Low Dropout Voltage
• Guaranteed 300mA Output
• Accurate to within 1.5%
• 30mA Quiescent Current
• Over-Temperature Shutdown
• Current Limiting
• Short Circuit Current Fold-back
• Noise Reduction Bypass Capacitor
• Power-Saving Shutdown Mode
• Space-Saving SOT-25/TSOT-25, SOT-26/TSOT-26 Packages
• Factory Pre-set Output Voltages
• Low Temperature Coefficient
• All AME's Lead Free Product Meet RoHS Standards
• Portable Electronics
• Wireless Devices
• Cordless Phones
• PC Peripherals
• Battery Powered Widgets