The AP3706 is a high performance AC/DC power supply controller for battery charger and adapter applications. The device uses Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) method to build discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) flyback power supplies.
The AP3706 provides constant voltage, constant current (CV/CC) regulation without requiring an optocoupler and secondary control circuitry. It also eliminates the need of loop compensation circuitry while maintaining stability.
· Primary Side Control for Rectangular Constant Current and Constant Voltage Output
· Eliminates Opto-Coupler and Secondary CV/CC Control Circuitry
· Eliminates Control Loop Compensation Circuitry
· Flyback Topology in DCM Operation
· Random Frequency Modulation to Reduce System EMI
· Valley Turn on of External Power NPN Transistor
· Built-in Soft Start
· Open Circuit Protection
· Over Voltage Protection
· Short Circuit Protection
· Adapters/Chargers for Cell/Cordless Phones, PDAs, MP3 and Other Portable Apparatus
· Standby and Auxiliary Power Supplies