The APW7142 is a 3A synchronous-rectified Buck converter with integrated 70mW power MOSFETs. The APW7142, designed with a current-mode control scheme, can convert wide input voltage of 4.3V to 14V to the output voltage adjustable from 0.8V to VIN to provide excellent output voltage regulation.
For high efficiency over all load current range, the APW7142 is equipped with an automatic Skip/PWM mode operation. At light load, the IC operates in the Skip mode, which keeps a constant minimum inductor peak current, to reduce switching losses. At heavy load, the IC works in PWM mode, which inductor peak current is programmed by the COMP voltage, to provide high efficiency and excellent output voltage regulation.
The APW7142 is also equipped with power-on-reset, soft-start, soft-stop, and whole protections (under-voltage, over-voltage, over-temperature, and current-limit) into a single package. In shutdown mode, the supply current drops below 3μA.
This device, available in a 8-pin SOP-8 package, provides a very compact system solution with minimal external components and PCB area.
• Wide Input Voltage from 4.3V to 14V
• Output Current up to 3A
• Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.8V to VIN
- ±2% System Accuracy
• 70mW Integrated Power MOSFETs
• High Efficiency up to 95%
- Automatic Skip/PWM Mode Operation
• Current-Mode Operation
- Easy Feedback Compensation
- Stable with Low ESR Output Capacitors
- Fast Load/Line Transient Response
• Power-On-Reset Monitoring
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency in PWM Mode
• Built-In Digital Soft-Start and Soft-Stop
• Current-Limit Protection with FrequencyFoldback
• 123% Over-Voltage Protection
• Hiccup-Mode 50% Under-Voltage Protection
• Over-Temperature Protection
• <3mA Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
• Small SOP-8 Package
• Lead Free and Green Devices Available
• OLPC, UMPC
• Notebook Computer
• Handheld Portable Device
• Step-Down Converters Requiring High Efficiency
and 3A Output Current