The bq2409x series of devices are highly integrated Li-ion and Li-Pol linear chargers devices targeted at space-limited portable applications. The devices operate from either a USB port or AC adapter. The high input voltage range with input overvoltage protection supports low-cost unregulated adapters.
The bq2409x has a single power output that charges the battery. A system load can be placed in parallel with the battery as long as the average system load does not keep the battery from charging fully during the 10-hour safety timer.
The battery is charged in three phases: conditioning, constant current and constant voltage. In all charge phases, an internal control loop monitors the IC junction temperature and reduces the charge current if an internal temperature threshold is exceeded.
– 1% Charge Voltage Accuracy
– 10% Charge Current Accuracy
– Pin Selectable USB 100-mA and 500-mA
Maximum Input Current Limit
– Programmable Termination and Precharge
– 6.6 V Over-Voltage Protection
– Input Voltage Dynamic Power Management
– 125°C Thermal Regulation; 150°C Thermal
– OUT Short-Circuit Protection and ISET Short
– Operation Over JEITA Range via Battery
NTC – ½ Fast-Charge-Current at Cold, 4.06V
at Hot, bq24092/3
– Fixed 10-Hour Safety Timer
– Automatic Termination and Timer Disable
Mode (TTDM) for Absent Battery Pack With
– Status Indication – Charging/Done
– Available in Small 10-Pin MSOP Package
• Smart Phones
• MP3 Players
• Low-Power Handheld Devices
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.