Token Electronics has launched the CS series, a family of ultra small low-value current-sense surface-mount chip resistors. These smaller sizes save space on the circuit board, allowing the production of smaller and lighter products.
The new series complements Token’s existing LRC Series, offering metal resistive film on ceramic construction but providing increased choice for product designers in the form of more smaller sizes options of 0201, 0402, 0603, 0805, 1206, 2010, 2512, 1225, 3720, and 7520.
Designed for current detecting in power electronic systems, the fully RoHS compliant CS series is suitable for a range of applications including the monitoring of power usage and battery life; and provision of output protection for power supplies; as well as for a range of consumer and automotive products such as satellite navigation, handheld PDAs and digital set-top boxes.
The series offers ohmic values as low as 1mΩ to minimise power consumption and has an ambient temperature range of -55°C to +155°C.
- Low TCR ±50, ±100PPM/°C
- Resistance Values from 1mΩ to 1 Ω.
- 3W Power Rating in 1W size, 1225 Package.
- Long size Terminations with Higher Power Rating.
- High Purity Alumina Substrate for High Power Dissipation.
- Products with Pb-free Terminations Meet RoHS Requirments.
- Voltage Regulation Module (VRM).
- Portable Devices (PDA, Cell phone).
- Disk Driver, Switching Power Supply.
- Over Current Protection in Audio Application.
- DC-DC Converter, Battery Pack, Charger, Adaptor.
- Automotive Engine Control, Power Management Applications.