The number of applications requiring Ethernet connectivity continues to increase, driving Ethernet enabled devices into harsher environments.
The DP83848C/I/VYB/YB was designed to meet the challenge of these new applications with an extended temperature performance that goes beyond the typical Industrial temperature range. The DP83848C/I/VYB/YB is a highly reliable, feature rich, robust device which meets IEEE 802.3 standards over multiple temperature ranges from commercial to extreme temperatures. This device is ideally suited for harsh environments such as wireless remote base stations, automotive/transportation, and industrial control applications.
It offers enhanced ESD protection and the choice of an MII or RMII interface for maximum flexibility in MPU selection; all in a 48 pin package.
The DP83848VYB extends the leadership position of the PHYTER™ family of devices with a wide operating temperature range. The TI line of PHYTER transceivers builds on decades of Ethernet expertise to offer the high performance and flexibility that allows the end user an easy implementation tailored to meet these application needs.
• Multiple Temperature Range from –40°C to 105°C
• Low-Power 3.3-V, 0.18-µm CMOS Technology
• Low-Power Consumption < 270 mW Typical
• 3.3-V MAC Interface
• Auto-MDIX for 10/100 Mb/s
• Energy Detection Mode
• 25-MHz Clock Output
• SNI Interface (Configurable)
• RMII Rev. 1.2 Interface (Configurable)
• MII Serial Management Interface (MDC and MDIO)
• IEEE 802.3 MII
• IEEE 802.3 Auto-Negotiation and Parallel
• IEEE 802.3 ENDEC, 10BASE-T Transceivers and
• IEEE 802.3 PCS, 100BASE-TX Transceivers and
• IEEE 1149.1 JTAG
• Integrated ANSI X3.263 Compliant TP-PMD
Physical Sub-Layer with Adaptive Equalization and
Baseline Wander Compensation
• Error-Free Operation up to 150 Meters
• Programmable LED Support for Link, 10/100 Mb/s
Mode, Activity, Duplex and Collision Detect
• Single Register Access for Complete PHY Status
• 10/100 Mb/s Packet BIST (Built in Self Test)
• General Embedded Applications
• Industrial Controls and Factory Automation
Texas Instruments introduction - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today.