The GL816E is a highly integrated, flexible application USB 2.0 Multi-Interface F lash Card Reader controller.
It supports USB 2.0 high-speed transmission to CompactFlashTM (CF)Type I/II , Micro Drive, Secure DigitalTM (SD), Mini SDTM ,MultiMediaCardTM (MMC), RS MultiMediaCardTM (RS MMC), Memory StickTM (MS), Memory Stick DuoTM
(MS Duo), High Speed Memory StickTM (HS MS), Memory StickProTM (MS Pro), Memory Stick ProTM Duo(MS Pro Duo) Memory Stick ROM, SmartMediaTM (SM)5V/3.3V , and xD-Picture CardTM(xD) on one chip. Besides the flash card interface controller each, the GL816E integrates Genesys Logic own design USB 2.0high-speed UTMI (USB 2.0 Transceiver Macrocell I nterface) transceiver.
l USB specification compliance
- Complies with 480Mbps Universal Serial Bus specification rev. 2.0.
- Complies with USB Storage Class specification rev. 1.0.
- Supports1 device address and up to 10 endpoints: Control (0)/ Bulk Read (1)/ Bulk Write (2)/Interrupt (3),and 3 optional Bulk Read/ Write endpoints pair.
l Integrated USB building blocks
- Integrated USB 2.0 Transceiver Macrocell Interface (UTMI) transceiver and Serial Interface Engine(SIE).
- Build-in power-on reset (POR) and low-voltage detector (LVD).
l Embedded 8051 micro-controller
- Operate @ 48 MHz clock.
- Embedded 32K Byte mask ROM and internal 256 byte SRAM.
- Supports up to external 64K ROM/ Flash for design flexibility.
l Support firmware upgrade to external flash via USB interface
l USB 2.0 certified (TestID=40390389)
l Support all kinds of flash card interface
- SmartMedia / xD-Picture Card Interface
- Memory Stick / Memory Stick Pro Card Interface
- Secure Digital / MultiMediaCard Interface
- CompactFlashType I/II
l 3.3V operation
l Flexible pin utilization
- Dedicated power control pins and programmable card-enable pins.
- Supports 4(or more) GPIO pins for design flexibility.
- Pin assignment fits to card sockets for easy PCB layout.
- Shared pins forSmartMedia interface.
l SmartMedia interface
- Address support up to 4 bytes, 8 bit data width and different speed
- Supportsdifferent page size, and automatic append redundant area data (8 / 16 bytes)
- Hardware ECC encoding and decoding capability
- Supportsfirmware correct page ECC error capability
- Compliant with xD-Picture Card
l xD-Picture Card interface
- Complies with xD-Picture interface specification
- Compliant SmartMedia interface
l Memory Stick(MS) / Memory Stick Duo (MS Duo) / High Speed Memory Stick (HS MS)/Memory StickPro
(MS Pro)/ Memory Stick Pro Duo (MS Pro Duo)Memory Stick ROM interface
- Complieswith Memory StickStandard Memory Stick PRO Format Specifications ver 1.00-01
- Complies with Memory Stick Format Specifications ver 1.40- 00
- Hardware support 4-bit HS Memory Stick PRO interface
- SupportsINS signal
- Supportsautomatic CRC16 generation and verification
- Supportsdifferent clock rate up to 40MHz
l Secure Digital, Mini SD and MultiMediaCard
- Complieswith Secure Digital/ MultiMediaCard interface specification
- Supportsboth SD / MMC mode access CLK/CMD/DAT0/DAT1/DAT2/DAT3
- Command transmit and response receive can be enabled separately
- Automatic CRC7 generation for command and CRC7 verification for response on CMD
- Support automatic CRC16 generation and verification on DAT3-0
- In addition to full packet transaction, optional single byte / bit operation on both CMD and DAT line / lines
- Data processing in block or byte
- Supportsdifferent clock rate from 375 KHz to 24 MHz
l High efficient hardware engine
- Automatic data read / write with card by hardware engine
- Easier firmware development
- Media interface signals output low automatically when suspend
l Inter-Media transfer capability
- Support data copy between flash cards or in the same flashmemory card
l Support external ICE / micro-controller interface
- Easy firmware development environment
- Easy operate by external robust microprocessor
l Available in 128-pin LQFP and 128-pin PQFP package