The HIP4086 and HIP4086A (referred to as the HIP4086/A) are three phase N-Channel MOSFET drivers. Both parts are specifically targeted for PWM motor control. These drivers have flexible input protocol for driving every possible switch combination. The user can even override the shoot-through protection for switched reluctance applications.
The HIP4086/A have a wide range of programmable dead times (0.5ms to 4.5ms) which makes them very suitable for the low frequencies (up to 100kHz) typically used for motor drives.
The only difference between the HIP4086 and the HIP4086A is that the HIP4086A has the built-in charge pumps disabled. This is useful in applications that require very quiet EMI performance (the charge pumps operate at 10MHz). The advantage of the HIP4086 is that the built-in charge pumps allow indefinitely long on times for the high-side drivers.
• Independently drives 6 N-Channel MOSFETs in three phase bridge configuration
• Bootstrap supply max voltage up to 95VDC with bias supply from 7V to 15V
• 1.25A peak turn-off current
• User programmable dead time (0.5µs to 4.5µs)
• Bootstrap and optional charge pump maintain the high-side driver bias voltage.
• Programmable bootstrap refresh time
• Drives 1000pF load with typical rise time of 20ns and Fall Time of 10ns
• Programmable undervoltage set point
• Brushless Motors (BLDC)
• 3-phase AC motors
• Switched reluctance motor drives
• Battery powered vehicles
• Battery powered tools
is a market leader in power management and precision analog technology
for many of the most rigorous applications in the computing, consumer,
and industrial markets. The company supplies a full range of power IC
solutions including battery management, computing power, display power,
regulators and controllers, and power modules; as well as precision
analog components such as amplifiers and buffers, proximity and light
sensors, data converters, timing products, optoelectronics and interface
products. As a major supplier to the military and aerospace industries,
Intersil’s product development methodologies reflect experience
designing products to meet the highest standards for reliability and
performance in challenging environments.